Sunday

After watching Before Sunset, I had this romantic idea of a relaxing, luxurious day off.

Picture myself in a lovely loft apartment with big, beautiful French windows welcoming in the autumn breeze and warm, cozy sunlight. I lay comfortably in the little white old-style bathtub filled with scented bath-salt and tepid water, with my laptop next to the tub on a wooden stool playing lovely jazz. The smell of calming moisture mixed with the refreshing greeneries planted in the room saturates the air. I’ll be reading a book, a magazine or having nothing at all, simply absorbing everything in the surroundings, looking out of the window, seeing the sky above; or shutting my eyes, fading away into little fascinating day dreams, all to escape the immediate reality, enjoying being with my own presence, appreciating all I have accomplished that rewarded me with the lavishness of this privileged time.

Out of the tub, it’s time for a little lunch. Continuing the jazzy ambiance, I fix myself a cup of coffee and a little wholesome sandwich. The phone rings, and it is a dear friend of mine calling to confirm a delightful night gathering that we have all been looking forward to. Feeling excited, off to complete a few minor weekend chores. Staying productive, yeah. It is dawn, three hours being the event. I set off on my bike or moped in jeans and an old t-shirt to do some shopping. Got some groceries, and on the way stopping by my favorite little boutique to pick out a cute outfit for the night. Home again, turn on some ambient tunes, jump in for a quick shower, put on my new dress, and the door bell rings. Friend arrives, I grab my purse; turn off the lights, I lock the door. Off to a party.

Comments

Popular Posts