New Shower Curtain

I bought a new shower curtain. One that would serve the purpose of education, entertainment, and possibly even enlightenment during sh*t times. And I'm loving it. I couldn't stop looking at all the places the world had to offer - my mind wandered; my imagination ran wild - no matter how sh*tty the situation was. Good sh*t, bad sh*t; it didn't matter. The scent of foreign flowers and spices filled the air, and I'm excited. I wanted to visit all of Europe, South America, Southeast Asia, Japan, Greenland, Iceland, South Sandwich Island....

Then I looked over to the little utility corner shelf, and see a wrinkly Ikea catalog. I picked it up, and flipped through the pages; some of which I've folded the corner of to indicate interest. And I wanted a home. A place of my own. With hardwood floor, colorful rugs, high ceilings, walls covering in stacks and stacks of books, movies, albums amongst other things on a mountain of shelves and enlarged texturized framed photographs that I took. I wanted a place I could lounge around in just my underwear all the time. A place I could blast music and dance myself silly without worrying someone else walking in. A place I could take off the very last article of dirty clothing in front of the washer on laundry day and walk off....

I long to be away. I long to be home.

Comments

Popular Posts