Toys for Tots

The hotel I work at used to have a "teddy bear suite" over the winter holidays, opened to the public for viewing and photographs. Or so I've been told. The hotel decided to discontinue the "program" a couple of years ago, and the public - apparently - have been missing it since.

Tonight I overheard a comment from a restaurant guest after she had inquired about the program with my colleague. She scoffed, and said to her companions, "They will accept Toys for Tots donations, but won't have a teddy bear room...."

And I thought: in what way is that correlated?

Would people only bring toys for charity if they could see a room full of stuffed animals? If we could fill an entire suite with plush toys - point: "toys" - why shouldn't we be donating those instead of putting them into a suite - that we couldn't sell for the time period - - before the public has a chance to spoil them, so that you can bring one gift for needy children? Hmm....

Comments

Popular Posts