Bahhhh

It's here. It's shiny. It's slick. It's working. It's my iPhone.

Go on, you non-iPhone users, booh. The truth is, I wasn't really all that excited switching to the iPhone.
My Sony Ericsson was falling apart. I needed a new phone. My contract was up, so I had an upgrade discount. Terrence really wanted one, and convinced me to sign up for a fantastic family deal.

I admit I've always thought the iPhone was a great phone - from the shell, to the interface, to its functionality and capabilities, even it's packaging - every step of the way reflected careful design. I've always liked playing with my friends' iPhones if they had one. I just never thought I would need one myself.

In the movie Juno, Vanessa Loring said a mother becomes a mother when she becomes pregnant; a father becomes a father when the child is born.
Now that the new phone's in my hands, I am as though a brand new father. (
Terrence was definitely a mother.) I kept playing with it, and even as I laid down in bed I wanted to play with it some more.

At the same time, I feel a little lame. Like a wandering sheep that inevitably returns to the herd. I was never one to follow trends. It makes me feel... not special. It makes me feel almost uncool to flash around my new toy.

It's not you, my dear phone. It's the society....

Comments

Popular Posts