Yesterday Was A Good Day

Lately my emotions have been on a complete roller coaster ride.

I kept telling myself...  One day at a time.

Yesterday was definitely one of the best days I've had in a while.  Got up at 1300 after a rare good night's sleep.  Thought I had mess it up by sleeping in so late.  Z called, and turned out he had just gotten up as well.    That made me felt better in a less guilty sense.  Wanted to figure out the game plan for the day.  I wanted to get a few things done to recover from the lack of productivity before I headed out for fun.  Started cleaning my room and organizing the massive stack of paperwork piled up on the table.  Downloaded loads of tracks - music remains one of the absolute essentials of my life.  New music gets me pumped.  I was happy.  Broke a rule, and caved in to a cup of home-brewed ice coffee.  Oh so good.  Realized it was close to 1500, and I have yet to take my medication for the day.  Fuck it.  It's too late anyway.  And I was feeling invincible.  Even felt good enough to call mother, and tried my very best to explain to her the shit that's been going on.  The support I got almost made me cry.  My family loves me.  It's a glorious feeling as it was not something I felt I could ever take for granted.  Caught up with E.  And actually felt like committing to a work out.  Hit up N and asked him about night hiking.  Left home close to 2100, and realized I hadn't had anything to eat.  As we approached Mission Peak, starvation kicked in, and I started to get a headache.  So we stopped at Safeway, and I grabbed a cold hoagie.  Food - yet another absolute essential.  Life was good.  I was ready for the hike.  Didn't know it was going to take the life of me.  Boy, was I out of shape.  I didn't think I could do it, but we managed to the top after 2 hours.  Awful timing, but I was very proud of myself.  The view was unbelievable.  Stars above, city lights stretched on for miles and miles under our feet.  The breeze felt good.  It was all worth it.  We chatted all the way back down.  There were a few slips, but it wasn't intimidating anymore.  Forget about the flashlight, and walk on so you wouldn't over-think your next step.  That is exactly where I need to be.  That was exactly where I wanted to be right then.  I love my boys.

Didn't get home until close to 0600.  Shoot.  Got doctor's appointments lined up starting 1115.  And I couldn't sleep.  Got a call just as I entered the first stage of a sleep cycle.  Doctor's out sick.  Hmm....  Alright.  Rescheduled to an earlier appointment.  Shit, I was really tired.  Rescheduled again.  Tried to sleep. It's 1300, and I had a massive headache.  I wondered if it had anything to do with skipping my dose yesterday.

Got to go.

One day at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts