The Pursuit of Happiness

I have been searching far and wide (on cyberspace) for happiness.

There are a lot of things I need to sort out.  Some of which, I'm not even fully aware of.

I am grateful that I have the time and space to do this.  But the fact that it is taking so goddamn long is driving me insane.

I looked up "Happiness Profile" on Google today, and found a survey on SurveyMonkey, and I took it.  As I did, I took pages full of notes - a collection of thoughts so that perhaps later I could sort them out systematically and arrive at something greater.  (I am a true philosopher in the sense that all I do all day is sit and think, and write, and get angry, and sit and think some more.)

Anyway, this is what I've concluded from my results (by the way, the results page is more like a poll results page.  It doesn't give you an analysis.  It just gives you the numbers and percentages of options selected by people who took the survey - just in case you're going to take that test):

http://pinterest.com/pin/195062227581889941/
I am generous and kind.  I like to give and be appreciated for my efforts.  It pushes me to become even better.

I like to learn from others.  I like to teach/share what I learn.

I have a burning desire to make this world a better place.  I have a bleeding heart; I am the most critical on mankind (sounds like an Asian mom).

But most importantly, at the end of the day, I want to be at peace with the world, and know that I can be at peace with myself.



It's a wonderful world.

Comments

Popular Posts