Grief: Sadness, Anger and Peace



























An outstretched hand, extended
                At different heights
                Still empty
                Touched only by the icy air
Suffocating
                Without withholding breathe

I can recite countless tales of such emptiness
                Perhaps each a failure on her part
                Though that is irrelevant
Disappointments
                Surprisingly renewed on each occasion
                Perhaps each a failure on my part
                To learn
                To accept
                To curl those arms and wrap them tightly around myself
This body
                Once little
                Still carries its aches

It’s a wonder
                Truly
                That I could learn to love myself

You’re always saying I think I am so clever
                Perhaps you got that one right
I shall never need you again
                Next time you turn around and look
                You will not
                                Find this hand


Comments

Popular Posts