Line of thoughts

How should I set my priorities? In terms of my goals, I should say. How do I determine my goals (both long and short-term)? In terms of what I want for my (far and near) future. How do I know if I really want something in the future? I think about it this way: if I were to die tomorrow, what would I regret (the most)? That sort of tells me what I want accomplished (the most). First thing that pops into my head is a regret that I won't be able to support my parents in my lifetime. This entails my long-term goal - to establish a career that would allow me to "fulfill my familial piety" to my aging parents. This in turn sets my short-term goal - to graduate school, and begin a career. This, then, tells me what my priorities should be - not to fuck up school. And finally, this hits me: what am I doing here blogging and chatting when I should be finishing my papers, and studying for my midterm?

Dammit.

A closing thought: if what you would regret is the fact that you haven't told somebody (enough) that you love him/her, set it as a priority, and don't delay it. You never know what happens next. *knock on wood.

Comments

Popular Posts