Things Rick Astley Will NEVER Do

Re-posting from e's blog.

This is absolutely fantastic.

And of course I just have to one-up her by posting the equally awesome original music video:

(Unfortunately, I couldn't find a version that allowing direct embedding.  The link will open a new tab to view video on YouTube.)

Got to love those moves, right?!  Plus the matching chambray shirt and denim jeans.  Oh dear.

Guy looks like Fry from Futurama - it always throws me off when he starts singing and you get this deep, manly voice that goes so well otherwise with the secret-agent-like, all black on the inside, giant shoulder-padded trench coat on the outside outfitted of a man.

*  *  *  *  *  *

Out of the list, I think right now the most important to me is someone who would never give me up.  I get uncomfortable whenever I become the center of attention, in whatever situation.  I think it's about not knowing if I deserve or could live up to it.  When that happens I try to divert other's energy elsewhere by changing the subject or something stupid.  (People have told me I don't take compliments well.  I could assume that goes the same with criticism; though I am always so readily at fault and apologetic.)  Whatever it is, it gives others the impression that I don't need attention, that I could hold my own, that I'll get through/over whatever it is because I am understanding.  But I have feelings, too.  I just tend to think my feelings are selfish, and prioritize the wishes of others.  It's a funny conundrum, because I always have to be so tough, I scoff at any resembling offer to take me on; but yet I yearn for it, and it is always so hard for me to ask anyone of anything.  I become so passive-aggressive that way - but that's a whole other ball of yearn to unravel.

I guess I just don't know where or how to look.  I'm stubborn, and it takes me a while to get to the bottom of an idea.  But an idea must have its proof to be conceived as not just an ideal, but it's attainable and practical.  So I need to meet someone who is more stubborn than me, and can prove that I could be taken care of.  In other words, someone who would never give me up.

Comments

Popular Posts