Solitude

I left.  We parted ways like strangers in the big city.  I sat in the car for an hour and a half.  Then, I went to the show.  I got to the door around 10:30PM, and asked the doorman if the show was almost over.  He said, "What?  No."  I said when did the headliner come on?  He said they hadn't gone on yet.  I went in, and got a drink.  Positioned myself in the middle of the room thinking: I've got to know if their previous performance was excusable.  They finally came on.  They sounded a hundred times better but they were still boring.  I watched them played a few songs until I couldn't stand being bumped into and shoved.  It's an indie concert for crying out loud.  And I wasn't supposed to be alone.  I finished my double g&t, got a couple of records at the booth, and left.

      *      *      *      *      *      *

I dwell in solitude.  Only then I stand a chance in finding my way.  

I dwell in ink.  Only then I find the freedom to be honest.



http://www.bleaq.com/2014/natalia-drepina

Comments

Popular Posts