Poignant (is one of my favorite words)

During a downpour, the rain hits the roof in a way at the office you can hear it immediately.

I was standing in front of a window in the break room with a fresh cup of coffee in hand, watching the rain, the wind, and the leaves rustling about when this track came on.  A long-time favorite, though haven't listened to for a great while, and so apropos for the moment.  The mood was beautifully melancholic, almost poignant.



This weekend I made it to the theater, but not early enough to catch what I intended watch.  I ended up watching The Revenant, which was quiet but so intense.  I was completely exhausted by stress at the end.  The soundtrack contributed beautifully.  N said he liked the music.  I said it sounded like Ryuichi.  And sure enough, it was him.

Coincidence like this never seizes to amaze me.

Comments

Popular Posts