犯太歲

真係唔係講反…。

So this is my car accident. My first, and hopefully my last. I got sandwiched. Between a family van and a Ford Focus. The van in front of me pulled a quick brake. (Oh, you fuckin' guy.) I was able to halt within centimeters behind it just in time to see a car coming right at my ass from the rear mirror. Kaboom. Air bags. Smoke. And then I heard Hannah next to me asking if I was okay. We got out of the car, and the road was cleared. People getting out of their cars, flipping cell phones, calling the cops. One girl, the backseat passenger in the Focus, got injured and was sent to the hospital. No blood, no yelling and screaming (just fuckin' babies crying). Fire truck, cops, everyone was calm.

I'm fine, physically speaking. Just a tiny scratch on my left wrist. My crystal beads bracelet smashed and fell apart, so perhaps that was what got me. Luckily Hannah was okay, too. She hit her left knee, but said it was very minor. The tow-truck driver had warned us that we might feel a pain in the neck later tonight due to the over-shock produced at the time of impact. This whole situation and the hassle that follows is certainly a pain in the neck, I hope I won't have to feel it on my body, too. Both air bags bursted, but I didn't feel that I've hit anything, nor there was too big of a jerk. Hannah, on the other hand, started to complain about the stiffness on her back. If symptoms persist, I'll definitely have to get her to the hopsital for a check up. It shouldn't be a concession, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

My car was pretty much totalled. The front bumper was gone, so was the back. The trunk tucked in, and all four wheels got caught under the metal so that they could no longer turn or roll. Brand new fuckin' wheels down the drain, and once again, I'm stuck with credit payments I didn't benefit from.

I was really worried about our laptops in the trunk - all the work in them. The back was jammed in so bad that we had to have the tow-truck driver pry it open. I prayed on the way to a safer spot that if my laptop survives, I'll go vegetarian for six months. I was so grateful to see my laptop up and running, I didn't regret my promise. So no meat for me til next summer.


Front (1) Posted by Picasa


Front (2) Posted by Picasa


Back (1) Posted by Picasa


Back (2) Posted by Picasa


Back (3) Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts