Gutting It

An old, wise and very kind man stopped at the desk today and told me a "secret."  He said, "Always go with your instincts.  It is your guardian angel telling you what's the right thing to do.  You can't go wrong with it."

There is something to be said about that.  I tend to over-think, and not trust my feelings.  I tend to think in a utilitarian sort-of way, and think the right thing to do is what everyone else wants.  And then I do these "nice" things, which in the end appear to lack sincerity and contradict my intentions. 

What if I stopped asking what-if's? 

One would think going with your gut is easy.  Feels like a stomach flu to me.

Comments

e said…
Funny. I always go with my gut ultimately but get bogged down by advice. I think the trick is balancing the two cuz both have validity.

In the end...your instincts will win out. The trick is learning to trust yourself. It's a battle that will continue indefinitely.

As for doing what others tell you...They got the best intention in mind but one of the best things someone told me - people will always tell you to do things they would never do.

Ha!

Popular Posts