Newton's 3rd Law of Motion - Karma

http://physicaplus.org.il/articles9/physicaplus9_tamir_art_newton.html
I had a great late night snack-chat with my good buddy N last night.  Friends are great especially when you want someone to talk to, get perspective, or just to shoot the shit.  It's also great to ask and listen to what they're up to.  The world is definitely more than just your troubles.  Your friends have problems, too.  Haha.

Anyhow, I talked about how I've been stood up a lot lately, and he went, "Well, have you done that to someone before?"

"..."

I know, I know.  And if anything my charges were probably worse because I took advantage of people whom I knew would forgive me.  Friends and family members who actually matter.

N was big on the whole notion of karma.  I believe in it, too.  I don't believe in fate or destiny, but somehow I believe everything happens for a reason because there is some sort of cosmic balance in the universe.  It's like Newton's Third Law of Motion in Physics: "To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions" (Wikipedia).  You reap what you sow; what goes around comes around; yada yada yada.  It all makes sense.


So to be fair, I need to make an equal and opposite resolution: commit.  If I want people to value commitments, I must learn to commit myself.


You can think of it as the golden rule as well: "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself" (Wikipedia) - as N has so eloquently put it.


N told me that he's been getting up each day, looking in the mirror, and telling himself how awesome he is and that it would be an awesome day (also the fact that his baby cousin caught him doing that, and thought it was super weird - HA!).  He said it's been working.  I met this girl once who said she didn't believe in wishing for things to happen, but manifesting them.  Well, one thing she tried to manifest was for me to become her roommate, which has yet to happen, and I'm not sure that it will.  Anyway, the idea is to generate the right energy, or force field, or aura, whatever you call it, and make it happen.  It's like quantum physics: "Your consciousness affects the behavior of subatomic particles."  I do kind of believe in that.  Just couldn't get past the silliness of talking to myself in the mirror.

Anyhoo, 2012 has got to be a great year for great changes.  Oh wait.  Let me restate: 2012 is going to be a great year for great changes!  Yeah!!  Whoohoo!!!  (Picture me with both fists in the air and a really determined look.)  (...was that good for you, universe?)

It's all good.  I've just got to commit.

Commit.

(Oh, lovely picture I referenced up there.  That was what I got when I google'd "Newton's 3rd law".)


Thank you, N.  You are an awesome dachi.

N

Comments

Popular Posts