Drowning Never Felt So Good

Okay, so you are probably thinking this is going to be one of my many emo posts.  Well, I'm sorry to disappoint (drama-feeders!) - this is actually going to be an educational piece.

I was ill with acute sinusitis in January, and was completely out of commission.  That was when I got a doctor's note to take a week off, and regained my sanity from what I called my work life.  One of the medication/remedy I was given was a non-prescription saline solution sinus rinse kit.  It was... very interesting to use to say the least.  I was a little intimidated by the process when the pharmacist explained it to me.  The process involves pumping salt water up one nostril, and watching all the icky stuff flow out of the other, then switch.  When the salt water reached my brain (figuratively speaking), it felt like I was drowning in the ocean (and that happened before so I know).  I asked my mom to try it, and she actually yelped when she did - that was pretty funny.  My doctor said although the kit was non-prescription, it was probably going to provide me with the most relief and much sooner than my actual meds.  She was right.  I sort of got addicted to it for a little while.  You just feel so much cleaner after the process.  Flushing out areas you normally couldn't reach.  It even helped with my headaches.

Since I'm a firm believer of building and maintaining a stronger immune system by not getting hooked on meds and anything anti-bacterial, I won't develop this sinse process into a routine.  It is safe to do it any time; the pharmacists said he uses it after a day of dusting and cleaning, or outdoor activity that results in breathing in smog, dirt, pollen, etc.  That's pretty cool.  For those of you who deal with allergies, this would probably help big time.

And so I was googling Sinus Rinse, and came across this video, and I am so glad I did.  Especially when the kid said, "Before I had to do it with my mom when I was a baby.  She always had to hold me down because I didn't want to do it."



Ah, yes.  I am always going to have a dirty mind.  But at least I have a clean nose, and sinus passage.

Comments

Popular Posts