Forever yours

Someone once told me that I may never get over you. I'm starting to believe this is true. And I'm learning to accept it. I think to myself, if this is truly the case, what's so bad about it? When we broke up, one thing that worried me the most is the fact that I would quickly move on just like how I always would, at least with my previous relationships. Get it over with. Snap out of it. Time won't stop. Life goes on. But when something is so beautiful, and you let it go so easily, what is there to live for? It doesn't hurt half as bad as it used to. But I still miss you. You may never be mine again. And this may not be a bad thing. Having that memory that I was once so deeply in love, that experience is a gift. I may never love the same way again, but it is a privilege to learn my capacity. Now everytime I look at you, I wonder what in nature could have brought us together. We are so different. We wouldn't even match each other's profile if we were to perform a search on match.com. My answer to that is that I was a different person when I was with you. You made me different. For better or worst. And I took a part of it with me.

I never believed in "forever" until I met you. I signed my letters closing with "forever yours". This will always be true. At least for that part of me which I took off with last October.

Comments

Popular Posts