Graffiti

Thanks to a very special friend, I learned about Banksy, and since has opened my eyes to urban graffiti.


The reason I started liking Banksy Posted by Picasa


One of my favorites of his work Posted by Picasa


pullingtheplug.jpg Posted by Picasa


monkey.jpg Posted by Picasa


ladderboy.jpg Posted by Picasa


doctors.jpg Posted by Picasa


bomb_hugger.jpg Posted by Picasa


balloongirl.jpg Posted by Picasa


barcode.jpg Posted by Picasa

Now that everyone knows I love Banksy, they tell me when they notice his stuff. Banksy is getting really big now. It would make me very happy if one day I see his artwork in the streets of America.


Esquire December 2005 Issue featuring an article on Banksy Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.1 Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.2 Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.3 Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.4 Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.5 Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.6 Posted by Picasa


Fig 1.7 Posted by Picasa


Books by Banksy Posted by Picasa

Existencilism

I could sit in a pub and tell you all the things that are written in this book but you wouldn't fucking listen. It's better for both of us if I spend my time hiding in bushes waiting to spray little pictures on other people's property.

Nobody ever listened to me and I used to think that was their problem. Eventually I got to realise maybe it was the fact that I was boring and paranoid that was the problem. But you find that people who know you rarely listen to a word you say, even though they'll happily take as gospel the word of a man they've never met if it's on a record or in a book. If you want to say something and have people listen then you have to wear a mask. If you want to be honest then you have to live a lie.

Being yourself is overrated anyway. It doesn't help. People say 'I'm just being myself' as if that's some kind of achievement, that's not honesty, it's lack of imagination and cowardice.

Last year there was a story on the news that went 'A man arrested in Central London today was found to be carrying over a hundred British passports, twenty birth certificates and more than three hundred driving licenses. Police say they have not yet been able to identify the man...'


Thank you, babe! Posted by Picasa

The Human Race

The huiman race is an unfair and stupid competition. A lot of runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water.

Some people are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side.

It's not surprising some people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk food and shout abuse.

What we need in this race is a lot more streakers.

Then I started paying attention to other graffiti works. An article in the Wired magazine,
Wired December 2005 Issue Posted by Picasa


Love this one: Troika artist group (London) - The SMS Guerrilla Projector Posted by Picasa


Large scale, non-permanent graffiti: fi5e (New York City) Posted by Picasa


Graffiti in photography: PIPS - lab art collective (Amsterdam) Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts