X-men

Last Thursday I went to my physical therapist for treatment, and left with my back duct-taped. (I'm broken.) It was actually two pieces of 10-inch long medical tape, forming a big cross on my upper back to support and hold the muscles in place. When Rachel (aka the physician) said, "I'm going to tape you," I thought she was joking (she is quite funny of a person). I chuckled, and turned around to find a look on her face suggesting, "You think I'm kidding?" It's rare to see her put on such a serious expression, so I stopped smiling, and said, "Oh...."

So the tape was to stay on my back for 24 to 48 hours. And at first, I was kinda worried about them leaving a big target mark on my back, since I was planning on wearing a tanktop to Nacho's birthday get-together. But as soon as the tape went on my back, I felt great. My neck and shoulders were so tense that they couldn't stay in their normal positions, and it felt like I was slouching day and night, which worsens the problem. And it came yesterday morning when I had to (ask Hannah to) tear the tape off, and I wasn't very happy about it. I just wanna go to Rachel and say, "Tape me, tape me now!" I really don't mind the X on my back, some people are already calling me Rogue for the white streak I have, I just wanna sit or do whatever without feeling my muscles are trying to eat me up.

Comments

Popular Posts